Grossmann & Berger can look back on a long business history. All of the details of this history are what make us what we are today, and determine for what we stand.
Main Milestones in the History of Our Company.
The business was founded by Carl Louis Grossmann and has been active in the market since 1933.
The son and successor of the founder, Carl Gerhard Grossmann, entered the firm in 1961.
In 1965 Claus Berger, then still a sole trader, began to work as an estate agent.
In 1973 Carl G. Grossmann and Claus Berger finally founded together the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Hamburger Innenstadt".
In 1994 the two companies of Carl G. Grossmann and Claus Berger merged, at the same time a shareholding being acquired by Hamburger Sparkasse.
In 2006 the first decentralized location was opened in Hamburg-Blankenese, followed by Eppendorf in 2007 and Sylt, Poppenbüttel, Harburg and Winterhude - four further openings - in 2008.
In the years 2009 and 2010 the shops in Bergedorf and Niendorf continued the successful concept.
In April 2011 the first shop, that covers the segments residential and commercial, opens in the HafenCity.
In January 2012 Grossmann & Berger purchased the Berlin-based company Johs. Reese Immobilien Consulting GmbH in order to extend its business areas residential and commercial real estate in Berlin and its surroundings. In May, the location network is being enlarged by a shop in Othmarschen.
In March 2017 the Grossmann & Berger Shop in Ahrensburg was opened.